Print on Black - No Good Will Come of This





Exhibition

Open Graphic Studio

Museum of City of Skopje

13 October 2010, 20h



Note from the Artist: Miroslav Stojanovic - Shuki

The exhibition Print on Black - No Good Will Come of This” consists of 20+ monotypes created in the venue of the Open Graphic Studio. They are (and are not) being finalized in the last few months.

Although I am familiar with the graphic processing, this engagement is not an attempt to enter the area of graphic expression, but only enlarging the arsenal of drawing tools of expression. The drawing was and will be (at least to me) the main and basic communication tool of the artist’s comprehension of the world. Charles Bukowski wrote: “when you leave your typewriter you leave your machine gun and the rats come pouring through”.

Drawing is that machine gun to me.

This exhibition is entirely dedicated to and inspired by the unpublished book of poetry “Apocalypse” by my dear friend Xhabir Deralla; some of my works include quotes from that book.

Darkness in this catatonic and abnormally cool poetry is something we have in common and I hope I have succeeded to transfer parts of that atmosphere.

(October 11, 2010)




Comments

Popular Posts